So a few weeks ago I was nominated to write about the top ten books which have stayed with me, and naturally, another post is now going around about music.
Siobhan, who nominated me, broke the rules and pushed the usual ten up to 20. I was going to cut it back down to ten but found it impossible to do so, therefore I’ve come up with 20 as well. Here are the top albums which have influenced me. They’re in alphabetical order because I have slight OCD, and I also have absolutely no shame! I tried to be as varied as possible and stick to one album only from each artist, which was rather painful at times (in particular see Coldplay, Green Day and The Killers).
- An Awesome Wave – Alt-J
- AM – Arctic Monkeys
- City Of Evil – Avenged Sevenfold
- All This Bad Blood – Bastille
- Every Kingdom – Ben Howard
- Only Revolutions – Biffy Clyro
- A Rush Of Blood To The Head – Coldplay
- X – Ed Sheeran
- American Idiot – Green Day
- Night Visions – Imagine Dragons
- In Between Dreams – Jack Johnson
- Hot Fuss – The Killers
- Only By The Night – Kings Of Leon
- Hybrid Theory – Linkin Park
- Black Holes And Revelations – Muse
- Hand Built By Robots – Newton Faulkner
- (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? – Oasis
- Riot! – Paramore
- The Script – The Script
- Eyes Open – Snow Patrol
Anyway, thanks Siobhan for the nomination and I have decided to nominate who else, but Ebz and Jade. I know you’ll both come up with excellent choices and probably won’t want to cut it down to ten either! Enjoy.
Photo: Jonas John / Flickr